Corpus Christi Lawyer
Corpus Christi (/ˈkɔrpəs ˈkrɪsti/) is a coastal city in the South Texas region of the U.S. state of Texas. The county seat of Nueces County, it also extends into Aransas, Kleberg, and San Patricio Counties. The city’s political boundaries encompass Nueces Bay and Corpus Christi Bay. Its zoned boundaries include small land parcels or water inlets of three neighboring counties.
The metropolitan area US Census estimated population in 2013 was 442,600. The population was 316,381 at the 2013 US Census estimate, making it the eighth-most populous city in Texas. It is the principal city of the three-county Corpus Christi metropolitan area, as well as the larger six-county Corpus Christi-Kingsville-Alice Combined Statistical Area, with a 2013 Census estimate at 516,793. The city includes the Port of Corpus Christi, the fifth-largest in the United States. It is served by the Corpus Christi International Airport.
The city’s name (Corpus Christi) in Latin means Body of Christ. The name was given to the settlement and surrounding bay by Spanish explorer Alonso Álvarez de Pineda in 1519, as he discovered the lush semitropical bay on the Catholic feast day of Corpus Christi. The city has been nicknamed “Texas Riviera” and “Sparkling City by the Sea”, particularly featured in tourist literature.
Alex R. Hernandez Jr. has practiced in Corpus Christi, Nueces, and the surrounding counties for over a decade. His Corpus Christi office is in the Frost Bank Plaza building overlooking Corpus Christi Bay on the 21st floor. Call today for an appointment with one of Corpus Christi lawyers.
Personal Injury Law
- Deadly Bus Crash Near Laredo Could Have Casino as Defendant May 23, 2016
- More than 7.5 Million Takata Airbags Recalled Since November 2015 May 18, 2016
- Takata Air Bag Fixes May Drag till 2019 May 18, 2016
- ‘Grand Theft Auto’ Producer Launches $150 Million Royalties Lawsuit May 17, 2016
- Steering Problems Lead to a Recall of More than 48,000 Subaru Cars May 17, 2016
- Volkswagen Strikes a Deal in U.S. Over Emissions Scandal May 12, 2016
- Faulty Seat Belts Lead to a Recall of 1.4 Million Trucks by GM April 15, 2016
- Car Makers Running Out of Ideas to Track and Repair All Recalled Cars April 13, 2016
- 11,000 Decade-old Honda Accords with Faulty Airbags to be Recalled by the Company April 13, 2016
- Texas Teen Is 10th U.S. Fatality Linked to Takata Air Bag April 8, 2016