BRAIN INJURY LAWYER
In cases involving brain damage, obtaining full and fair compensation may take the skills of an experienced personal injury lawyer who has access to top medical experts. In order to have a successful claim, you will need quality medical diagnosis, treatment and overall care. You need the Law Offices of Alex R. Hernandez Jr. on your side.
Symptoms of Brain Injuries
Brain injuries can occur after a fall, a car accident, a motorcycle accident or some other accident involving a sharp blow to the head. A brain injury can be complex. A victim may not even realize immediately that he or she is suffering a brain injury.
It’s important to obtain medical treatment after an accident involving a blow to the head.
Traumatic Brain Injuries
Brain injuries are among the most serious types of injuries accident victims sustain in Texas or elsewhere. Sometimes called traumatic brain injuries, or TBI, these types of injuries occur all too frequently in the United States. The Center for Disease Control and Prevention reports that roughly 1.5 million people sustain a TBI each year in the United States; 50,000 people die; 235,000 are hospitalized; and 1.1 million are treated and released from an emergency department.
We retain top brain injury experts
With brain injury cases, expert medical professionals are crucial. Our San Antonio legal team have access to the top experts to help our clients maximize compensation.
A brain injury occurs when a force strikes the head and causes direct physical damage to the brain. For example, head injuries are frequently the result of an auto accident in which the occupant’s head strikes an object like a windshield at great force. Brain injury victims may lose their ability to remember, think clearly or control their emotions. The injuries could result in comas or permanent mental and physical impairment.
Brain injuries generally involve open head injuries and closed head injuries. An open head injury typically involves the penetration of the skull. However, it is not necessary for the skull to fracture or break open for the brain to sustain a TBI. Trauma may occur during a closed head injury, which involves the penetration of the skull, but may involve a concussion.
A traumatic brain injury can lead to inalterable unconsciousness, or a coma. Without question, a coma can have a serious impact on the life of the victim and the victim’s family. The losses can range from skyrocketing medical bills to a significant loss of income.
Unfortunately, insurance companies may try to settle a brain injury case involving a coma quickly without considering the long-term impact. A victim’s family may be tempted to accept a quick settlement, but the offer from the insurance company may not come close to matching the losses.
Call the Law Offices of Alex R. Hernandez Jr. to discuss you serious brain injury or damage case regarding yourself or a loved one.
Personal Injury Law
- Mylan recalls more than 100,000 packages of Klonopin generic | FiercePharma November 18, 2016
- Delaware Man Suffers Second Degree Burns After E-Cig Lighter Explodes in Pocket July 20, 2016
- Takata Settles Patricia Mincey Lawsuit Out of Court July 20, 2016
- Truck Driver Sues FedEx Over Road Rage Incident July 15, 2016
- E-cig Battery Explodes Causing Second Degree Burns on Man July 11, 2016
- Boy Takes Risperdal, Sprouts Breasts, Gets Awarded $70 Million July 11, 2016
- Judge Favors Former Coffee Farmer over Monsanto July 6, 2016
- Toxic Fumes From Oil Tanker Kill Two in Bexar County July 1, 2016
- Takata Forced to Sell Shares in Auto Makers June 15, 2016
- Fatal Crash on I-20 Near Sweetwater Between 18-Wheeler and Camaro June 15, 2016